Treatments using Sound Wave Technology are now encompassing new modalities for Women’s Health that are highly effective with little to no downtime.
Sound-wave technology, also known as acoustic wave technology or acoustic technology, is a field of science and engineering concerned with the generation, transmission, reception, and detection of sound waves. These are vibrations that travel through substances like air or water, and their study is crucial in everyday life. Not only is it used in communication and entertainment, but it also sees use in medical diagnostics and treatments.
One area that has undergone a significant transformation thanks to new developments in sound wave technology is the realm of women’s health. Advancements have opened doors to enhanced diagnostics and treatments, presenting fresh opportunities and prospects for women worldwide.
Over the past year, there has been a notable influx of new launches and innovations in the wellness sector, a heightened focus on women’s health and intimate well-being that has spurred a wave of exciting product breakthroughs:
- Non-Invasive Diagnostics: Non-invasive diagnostic procedures reduce discomfort and the need for invasive surgeries. Sound wave technology is effective in detecting conditions such as breast cancer, uterine fibroids, and ovarian cysts with greater accuracy and safety.
- Gentle Rejuvenation: Non-invasive with zero downtime, sound wave technology is used in intimate wellness treatments to increase blood flow and lubrication in women with groundbreaking treatments such as Cliovana.
- Revolutionizing Pregnancy Monitoring: An insight into fetal development during pregnancy and into the health and well-being of both the mother and the unborn child, such as the Fetal Doppler.
- Innovative Therapies: Therapeutic applications, such as Focused Ultrasound for Fibroids, is a non-invasive technique that uses high-intensity ultrasound waves to heat and destroy uterine fibroids while leaving the surrounding tissue unharmed. It’s an alternative to traditional surgical methods for treating fibroids and is improving the quality of life for women facing chronic pelvic pain and other conditions.
- Accessibility and Global Impact: The potential for Sound Wave Technology to increase accessibility to advanced healthcare in underserved regions.
At the forefront of helping women improve their pelvic and intimate health is Dr. Christi Pramudji, an expert in comprehensive Female Urology and Urogynecology, uniquely qualified to treat female pelvic conditions, ranging from common urinary tract infections to incontinence to reconstructive surgery and sexual dysfunction. “Women should be enjoying intimate pleasures at all stages of their lives, as this can have a profound effect on women’s overall health, wellness, and happiness,” says Pramudji.
Pramudji advocates the use of Cliovana, the fastest-growing non-invasive female sexual health soundwave treatment in the country that creates long-term increases in lubrication, women’s sexual responsiveness, and orgasm frequency and intensity. The patented protocol is specifically designed for women and uses safe and proven sound wave technology to stimulate the body’s natural processes, enhancing vascularization and neurogenesis in the genitals. It is fast and pain-free and carries no side effects or downtime.
This is done with the use of sound waves, which have been used to treat soft tissue issues for 40 years. The sound waves induce microscopic trauma in tissue, which then stimulates the body’s natural processes for healing. This creates neurogenesis and neovascularization, or in layman’s terms, new blood vessels and nerves. Simply put, this boosts the process of regenerating cells in the genitals, resulting in improved blood flow and increased sensitivity.
Dr. Christi maintains that sexual dysfunction is nothing to be embarrassed about. In fact, many women experience some form of it, with studies showing that 60% of women are dissatisfied with their sex life. Dr. Christi’s mission is to reshape the conversation surrounding women’s intimate health, and through cutting-edge treatments, counseling, and educational initiatives, she empowers women to take control of their wellness. Soundwave technology makes her job easier and has improved treatment options for women worldwide.
Originally published on Grit Daily.